Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Evolv Cruzer Review

Evolv Cruzers Review:






For the past 5 months I have been wearing the Evolv Cruzers almost daily. If you haven't heard of them they are the latest Approach/Casual shoe from Evolv. These guys are much more than just a casual approach shoe. In the 5 months of wear I put these things through a lot of abuse, I climbed White Horse Ledge in these, hiked countless miles, bushwhacked through the rain, and wore them to just about any event I went to. Heres what I found:

Rubber: I think the Eco-trax rubber that evolv puts on all there shoes is best put to use on their approach shoes. Before wearing these I was using Merrels barefoot full shoed shoes with vibram rubber and I slipped constantly, they could not handle anything it seemed like. With the eco-trax rubber I never slipped once even when climbing and hiking in the rain, on ice or through mossy rock. I give the rubber a grade of 9/10

Comfort/Fit: The Cruzers have a tight fit to them, which is good and bad depending on what you want. I am a size US 10 and order these in a 10. I thought they fit pretty tight especially for the first 3 months. I liked it because I knew i would be doing a lot of rock scrambling/climbing in them so the tight fit was a welcome. but if you want a more loose fit I recommend going a half size up. The comfort of the shoe has been unlike any shoe I have worn before. The shoe is lined with memory foam that morphs to your foot exactly, so every time you put it on you get a custom tailored shoe for your foot that is super soft! and super comfy! The shoe wraps around your foot securing it in a perfect fit. For comfort/fit I give them a 10/10

Laces: The laces on the Cruzers have held up great and have shown no signs of wear for the last 5 months. 10/10

Colors: The Cruzers come in black, slate, red and toffee. I chose the Toffee cause it looks freaking sweet! with many color choices theres something for everyone. 

Durability: The Cruzers fought throw everything I threw at them, but they didn't come out unscarred. The ankle stitching broke loose about 4 months into use, and then the toe stitching gave. Although I put these shoes through a lot of rough terrain, I think the stitching should be much stronger, theres no excuse for poor manufacturing. The stitching ripped but I can still use them just fine that is a plus, but they work better in there slipper form. 6/10

The Cruzers are unique in that the heel tab can fold down and you can use the shoes as a slipper as well. You can go barefoot in them too! I think this is great because like my cruzers when they go through a lot of  abuse and start to see signs of wear they can be converted fully over to a slipper. The slipper conversion makes these shoes perfect for crag climbing too, I can come right off my climb and slip these guys on no problem.

Over all the Cruzers are a great shoe and I  would recommend them to anyone and everyone. they have been by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn and the fact that I can use them as slippers to makes them even better. Over all The Evolv Cruzer gets a 8.5/10

Get your pair at www.evolvsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment